- What astrology can do. — The Forward to Steven Forrest’s The Inner Sky.
- The Second Step: To Assume Personal Responsibility for the Use of One’s Knowledge — Chapter Two from Dane Rudyhar’s The Practice of Astrology (1969). This chapter is a must-read for anyone endeavouring to use astrology. In fact, the whole book is worth reading. From the Dane Rudyhar Archival Project.
- Keera’s Front Door — some articles on basic astrology, and other interesting things to read.
My Birth Chart
Click here to view my birth chart. In the chart, you will see that when I was born, the Sun was in Capricorn. That gives me a “Capricorn Sun”. Likewise, I have a “Pisces Moon”. The Sign that was rising over the Eastern Horizon (left-hand point of the chart) at the moment I was born is Sagittarius. So I have “Sagittarius Rising”. The Rising Sign is also called the Ascendant.
In summary, I have the following factors in my chart: Capricorn Sun, Pisces Moon, Sagittarius Rising.
The three factors of Sun, Moon, and Ascendant are the three most important factors in any person’s chart. The Sun represents the person’s core identity, their ego, and the power source of their personality that colours the entire chart (their entire being). The Moon is the emotions, the subjective nature, one’s intuition. Like the physical Moon, these functions are sometimes hidden and often mysterious, always changing. The Ascendant is often referred to as one’s mask. It is the two-dimensional projection of a more complicated three-dimensional personality. One’s entire being cannot be presented to the world all at once, so the Ascendant serves as the interface between one’s true nature and the outside world.
- Download this Astrology True Type Font
- Astrodienst Astrology and Horoscopes — an astrology website by some very well-known and respected astrologers. You can make your own birthchart online at this site. See my birthchart for an example.
- alt.astrology.moderated newsgroup on Google! Many professional and beginner astrologers hang out here. The content is fairly good, and the moderator, Michael Rideout, is very friendly and quite knowledgeable.
- The Dane Rudyhar Archival Project — his music, art, literature, and philosophy, including online books!